…for old type-in BASIC games: http://vintage-basic.net/games.html
I lied – this post isn’t going to be about how I built the Twitter bot. There are dozens of half-way decent tutorials scattered across the web and even a couple of decent ones and you’re welcome to exercise your DuckDuckGo-Fu or Google-Fu and figure it out.
Instead, this will be about my experience wading into the collective dumpster fire/garbage pit that is Twitter with some simple automation.
Been working on lots of little personal projects lately, but find myself running into that old problem of, too much shit to do with not enough time to do it. That’s another way to say, color me lazy, but let’s not reinvent the wheel with everything I do.
Born of this labor…
I found a fairly decent online tutorial for creating a Twitter sentiment analyzer. Though helpful, I didn’t find that it was particularly intuitive, put together fairly well or workable in Python 3.
So, I took the concepts and substantial amount of the code and started fixing, modifying and rewriting…